Friday, January 18, 2013

Dear Parents, just wanted to bring you up to speed.  A week ago I started spiking high fevers.  Went to my doctor and  flu and pneumonia were ruled out.  I then thought it was a bladder infection.  After a week I was no better, so Gene took me to the E.R. Sunday night.  I was found to have an abscess at the site of my radiation burn.  I had surgery Monday to remove the infection and it was determined to be a staph infection. Because the wound is where I had radiation, it will be a very long and slow healing process.  I came home from the hospital Thursday and will be on IV antibiotics for 2 weeks.  I will be doing this myself so wish me luck...nurse I am not! I will also need to go daily (maybe for months) to Retreat Hospital for wound care along with  spending time in a hyperbaric chamber.  Due to the amount of time it will take each day, I felt it best to retire.
 This is not how I thought I would spend my last year, but I feel I need to get myself better. It was a very hard decision.  I love my class and already miss them so much.  Thank you all for the prayers and support you have given me this year.  I could not have asked for a better group of parents and students to end my career with.  This is not good-bye.  I will be around.  Love, Mrs. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment