Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3, 2010

Greetings All!
Since we are nearing the end of our literature circles I would like to take the opportunity to get everyone up to speed with where we are right now and where we are going in the near future.

Students are reading each assigned section of their chosen book and completing their assigned literature circle role for that section. They are then meeting for a book talk with their group where students share and respond to each other’s contributions. I am very proud of the effort students are putting into each of their roles so far and I am looking forward to exploring their Literature Circle Response Journals when they turn them in to be graded. It is always interesting to see what each student has gotten out of the different parts of the book they chose to read.

As we are finishing up our books, I do want to remind you all of our Book Celebration Day that is quickly approaching us on March 12, 2010. I will be bringing in a special treat that relates to each of the books and each student’s Book Response Project will be due on that day as well. Each student will share his or her book response at the celebration. I would also like to extend an invitation to any parents, grandparents, or other family that would like to join us to please feel free to do so. The Book Celebration Day promises to be a fun (and tasty) way to conclude our literature circles and we would love to have you there to share in the excitement! I will provide more details on the times and schedule of events later.

As always, let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or celebrations!
Thanks for reading!
Ms. Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment